Sunday, September 4, 2011

Marvelous Light

Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame
By the cross You are the truth

You are the life, You are the way
This song has been on my mind a lot lately. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on this song.
I once was fatherless
A stranger with no hope

Your kindness wakened me

Awakened me, from my sleep
This is my favorite verse in the song. Many of the people around me are fatherless, they had no hope but God's kindness and the kindness of many others has 'wakened' them and brought them to where they are now. I have seen many little ones come through some of the hardest situations even some that have overcome death.

Your love it beckons deeply
A call to come and die

This verse of the song is a bit shocking, as you read the words to the rest of the song you will find God rescuing us from death, but here, he is calling us to come and die. It reminds me that I can't come and 'die' (dying to self) without his grace but, with grace I can.

By grace now I will come
And take this life, take Your life


Usually once I take God's life, I find great joy in Him, and through Him.

Sin has lost it's power
Death has lost it's sting
From the grave You've risen - victoriously

As I read the verse above and below many thoughts come into my head.
Norah, Emmanuel (Emma), and Gloria, all died within the last year. All three of them were weak, they were weary, and they needed a resting place, somewhere where they would never again be tired or sick or mistreated. Somewhere where they would never again need canes or wheelchairs, where they could run. They found it and now they are there, they are not tired, or weak, or sick. They are smiling, laughing, dancing, and running. And we can rest in the assurance that someday we will see them again.
Norah
Emmanuel
Gloria
Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame
By the cross You are the truth
You are the life,
You are the way

My dead heart now is beating

My deepest stains now clean

Your breath fills up my lungs
Now I'm free, Now I'm free
Sin has lost it's power
Death has lost it's sting

From the grave You've risen

Victoriously


Sebastian was 18 months old when he came to GSF. You can read the beginning of his story here on my mom's blog. Just to give you a little background he has a bilateral cleft pallet. He went in to Kampala (two hours away) last Monday they told the nurse that there were no beds in the hospital seeing as it is the biggest hospital in all of Uganda. So he came home and it was on to Plan B, a different hospital, one that was smaller, one that GSF knows and trusts, one that wouldn't fill up as fast. Even though it was further away, the missionaries and nurses felt that it was the right thing to do. So, on Friday, he went to the other hospital, and got the same answer, there were no spare beds. But ... unlike the first hospital this one gave them a date, 'come back on the 22nd'. So, he still doesn't have the surgery done. Please be praying with us that it will be done when they go back on the 22nd.

Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame

By the cross You are the truth

You are the life, You are the way


Into marvelous light I'm running Out of darkness, out of shame By the cross You are the truth You are the life, You are the way

Lift my hands and spin around See the light that I have found Oh the marvelous light Marvelous light

Lift my hands and spin around
See the light that I have found

Oh the marvelous light
Marvelous light

Sin has lost it's power

And death has lost it's sting

From the grave You've risen
Victoriously


On Wednesday evening my mom told me and some other people that there would be a new little girl coming the next day. Well guess what? It's Tuesday and still no new little girl. The man who was going to bring her was in a conference last week, so he couldn't bring her. It just makes my heart hurt for this little girl who is waiting for the schedules of other people to match up so that she can have a home ... and a family.

Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame
By the cross You are the truth
You are the life, You are the way

2 comments:

  1. I love that song, but will never hear it the same way again. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song too! Thanks for making me cry again ;) Love you, missing you all dearly

    ReplyDelete