Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A dear friend

Today was a sad day, a day that we said good-bye to someone very special. To someone who touched the lives of many, someone who will be remembered by many for the rest of their lives. To Nurse Sarah. Nurse Sarah was with us for almost a year. Nurse Sarah treated many kids in her time here. She helped get kids who had been struggling, back on the right path (but, of course with the help of Nurse Meredith and the Ugandan nurse, Nurse Milly). She showed many kids the love of Jesus. Some of the things that the teenagers enjoyed about her were:
  1. She always greeted everyone
  2. She took them to the dentist and to get tetanus shots for which they were SOO grateful (haha).
  3. She was so excited to see them when they came home from school
  4. And the list goes on!
One of the things that she and the rest of us are grateful for is that we have a new nurse so we and nurse Milly are not alone. Her name is nurse Katie and after just a month she seems to be doing great. In the picture above Nurse Katie is on the left and Nurse Sarah is on the right. Nurse Sarah we love you and will miss you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Lina-you made me cry all over again ;) Sitting in my hotel room in London, I'm rapidly going through a roll of TP for my tears while listening to Ugandan music and looking at pictures. I love you guys too-I cannot tell you how much I miss you. Please hug everyone for me-I love you ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nurse Sarah, We miss you so much too! I will give everyone who is not sick hugs for you and as soon as the others get better I will give them hugs too! This is crazy! Everyone has the 'flu' (for those of you who don't know that just means a cold). But, they all have fevers too and are just miserable. Poor Katie! She misses you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete