Monday, May 13, 2013

Covered

This picture has nothing to do with this post, but you know ... I can't write a post without a picture.

L {age 6}: “Does God take your bones or just your heart?”
R {age 8}: “No, your bones go into the ground, into the dirt.”
S {age 9}: “Yes, don’t you know, we were made from dirt.”
L: “Eh, we were made from dust?”
S: Pointing to her dark skin “Yes, you see, made from dirt!”
L: “Caralina, were we made from the dirt?”
Me: “Yes, that’s what the Bible says.”
L: “What about you, you were made from dirt?”
Me: “Yes.”
S: “But you’re WHITE!”
Me: “Well, the Bible says we were all made from the dust.”
R: “And then God covered you?!?”
I had this conversation right after baby Maria passed away.  I held in my laughter until after I walked away, and then I couldn’t help but laugh.  It was a good little humor break to a rough day.

1 comment: